Tuesday, November 2, 2010

65 to go

It's hard to explain where I am mentally right now with this goal. When I started I only thought a little about what it would be like to have read 300 books. This afternoon I finished my 3 hundredth book. I have been tinkering with the idea of stopping at 300 books because I have gotten busier this school year and it is harder to find time to read. I am applying to some PhD programs and I get to reflect on what I have learned about learning over the past ten months. I realize now that sometimes it is not the goal that is important but, what happens along the way. I will probably never read 365 books again in a year but, I will read a lot more than I did before. I already have some long books lined up for next year. If anyone has any suggestions for one of my final 63 I'd love to hear it.

4 comments:

  1. Have you read A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink? I have no idea anything about it, but my dad just recommended it.
    I am currently reading Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, but that doesn't necessarily mean I would recommend it. I'll let you know what I think when I finish.
    I also read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls a couple months ago. It's a memoir and soooo fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink. It is soooooo good.

    I will look into the Glass Castle and see what I think. Thanks for the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, Sam just reminded me that you sent that to him for his birthday. Ha ha ha. I knew it sounded familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you see the video interview with Kathleen Krull on MEET ME AT THE CORNER, Virtual FIeld Trips for Kids? Check it out. See other kid-friendly interviews with famous authors.

    ReplyDelete