Saturday, March 20, 2010

The most annoying book

So far, Rachel's most annoying book (and one she hasn't finished yet) is 'The Book of Useless Information' by Noel Botham. Here's how the book is summarized at Amazon.com:

"One person's useless information could prove invaluable to someone else. Then again, maybe not. But to The Useless Information Society, any fact that passes its gasp-inducing, 'not-a-lot-of-people-know- that' test merits inclusion in this fascinating but ultimately useless book."

This is how Rachel summarizes her experience reading it:

"I feel like every time I read it, I'm actually further behind. I can't wait to be done with it. I would quite on it, but it seems to be playing mind games with me."

Useless information has a way of doing that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment